Caught on the wrong side of the law? Guilty? Innocent? Our criminal lawyers in Singapore got your back. Sometimes life hits you when you least expect it. At Aspect Law Chambers LLC, we face every allegation seriously as we work tirelessly to our client’s best case forward.
More often than not, when charges are meted out by the Attorney-General’s Chambers (“AGC”), the odds are stacked against you. However, at Aspect Law Chambers LLC, we have a proven track record of successful turnovers at the Pre-Trial Stage. From all Aspects, let us put your best case forward.
With a heart of compassion and a proven track record, you may rest assured that we will not go down without a fight.
Aspect Law Chambers LLC has a highly experienced criminal law practice. Our criminal lawyers are well-versed with the Criminal Law and the Criminal Procedure Code.
Here are some of our extensive scope of criminal defence offences under the following:
- Penal Code
- Immigration Act
- Remote Gaming Act
- Prevention of Corruption Act including money laundering, forgery, bribery, copyright infringement, accounting fraud and other white collar crimes
- Employment of Foreign Manpower Act
- Road Traffic Act including drunk driving, drowsy driving, and reckless driving
- Juvenile Crimes
- Robbery, Theft, Trespassing and Misappropriation of Property
- Regulatory Offences such as marriage offences, tobacco and cigarette regulatory customs and manpower offences
- Prevention of Harassment Act and Sexual Crimes
- Misuse of Drugs Act
- Crimes that Threatens the Public Peace
- Heinous Crimes
Our criminal lawyers also provide support to the accused persons undergoing investigation by the authorities. Our strategies are tailored with all aspects in mind, and we assist by negotiating with Deputy Public Prosecutors from the Attorney General’s Chambers or other prosecuting bodies.
Other types of assistance include providing letters of representations for the withdrawal, reduction or compounding of charges and preparing written submissions as well as the mitigation pleas to the Court.
Our Criminal Lawyers in Singapore can help you if:
- You are presented with a Magistrate’s Complaint or Private Summons Prosecutions
- You have been charged by the government/State and required to attend court or served with a warrant of arrest
- You are required to attend a formal interview with the police while undergoing police investigation
The Criminal Law Process in Singapore
Criminal law is a complex combination of various laws that protects the people’s right to live in peace and security. Singapore has an excellent judicial process for apprehending, trying and bestowing verdicts to individuals accused of criminal offences. It is therefore critical to have a criminal lawyer when you are requested to attend a court or presented a warrant of arrest. For a clearer insight of what a criminal lawyer need to do for you, here’s the process of the criminal law trial:
- The crime is reported
- The police will conductinvestigate and draw “persons of interest”
- The police will request these people to attend an interview for investigation. This is where you may bring a criminal lawyer to oversee and protect your rights.
- A pre-trial is conducted to know whether your case is bailable or not. Again, you will need a criminal lawyer to accompany you at this stage.
- If a trial proceeds, your criminal lawyer will represent you in the court until the judge’s verdict is served.
- The criminal lawyer may also make an appeal should the verdict not go in your favour.
How Much Does It Cost to Get the Service of a Criminal Lawyer
Here at Aspect Law Chambers LLC, we ensure that our rates are reasonable so that our clients will enjoy their rights to legal services during a crucial time. We provide affordable rates for every stage of the criminal law process. Should you see yourself in any of the above circumstances where you will need a criminal lawyer in Singapore to safeguard your rights, you may reach out to us at Aspect Law. Contact us today!
What is a criminal offence in Singapore?
A criminal offence in Singapore pertains to any legal offence that falls under the Criminal Law or the Criminal Procedure Code. In criminal offences, it is the government (the prosecution) who brings charges to the accused. The proceedings are tried in the High Court, Court of Appeals and Criminal Mentions Court.
What is considered a Criminal Record in Singapore?
A criminal offence will be a criminal record when the accused is convicted with registrable crime within Singapore and Malaysia or if he or she is ordered to be deported, expelled or banished in the two countries.
What are criminal lawyers’ responsibilities?
A criminal lawyer has the responsibility of representing the accused in every stage of the process, from police investigation to court trial and appeal. Your criminal lawyer will help you understand your rights, appear in the court to your defence and more.
Can You Choose To Remain Silent When You’re Being Charged With A Criminal Offence?
Whether you are being arrested without a warrant, presented with one or are invited into a police interview for an investigation, it is best to call your criminal lawyer first before speaking as your words from then will be accounted as evidence for the investigation or the proceeding.
What Will Your Criminal Defence Lawyer In Singapore Do At The First Court Hearing?
At the First Court Hearing, your criminal lawyer will find out what is/are the charges that you are facing and will take further directions to move your case forward (be it towards a guilty plea or claiming trial), amongst others things.